1. Rub Shemin’s Goan Indian Paste into the pork and leave to sit for three to four hours or overnight.
2. Heat the oil in a wide, lidded pan over a medium-low flame, and fry the onions until soft and golden.
3. Add the tomatoes, chillies and curry leaves, if using. Cook until the tomatoes start to break down.
4. Add the pork and marinade with 120ml of water to the pan, turn the heat up to medium high and stir well. Bring to a simmer, cover tightly, turn the heat right down and cook gently for an hour. Add a little water if the sauce gets too dry.
5. Partially remove the lid and cook for another 30 minutes, until the meat is very tender and the sauce has thickened.
6. Season to taste and serve with basmati rice or Shemin’s Indian Breads.
Free Recipe Ebooks
Subscribe to our Newsletter and we’ll send you our delicious recipe ebooks for free!
Thank you for signing up to receive tasty recipes and handy cooking tips from us here at Shemin’s! You should receive a link to the downloads page in your inbox shortly. If it does not arrive in a few minutes, please check your junk folder.