- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl large enough to hold the chicken. Flatten out the chicken fillets (see tips below) and add to the marinade, making sure they are well covered. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge half an hour before you want to cook it. Add the panko breadcrumbs, corn flour, salt, Shemin’s Smoked Paprika and Shemin’s Garam Masala together in a bowl and mix.
- Take each chicken thigh out of the marinade and shake off the excess marinade. Then place in the panko mix, pressing down and rubbing on the mix until the chicken is well coated.
- Heat the oil in a high sided pan large enough to hold 2 thigh fillets at a time. The oil should be 1.5cm deep. Bring up to 170°C (if you don’t have a thermometer drop in a breadcrumb -it should start to sizzle and turn brown).
- Fry the chicken for 5-6 minutes turning gently with tongs half way through until evenly golden. Drain the chicken on kitchen paper and transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Serve with a salad and chips. You can also serve the chicken in a bun like a burger with salad and mayonnaise.
- To help fry the chicken quickly without putting it in the oven, place a layer of cling film on your work surface and pop the chicken fillets on top. Cover with another piece of cling film and, using a rolling pin, to bash the chicken until it is 2-3mm thick.
- After step 6 above, if the chicken is not done, you can put the chicken in the oven on 170°C (fan) / 190°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5, for approx. 6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and there is no pink chicken when cut. You can also put it in the microwave.
- You can use different cuts of chicken for this recipe like drumsticks or breast.