- Before cooking, pre-heat the grill to hot.
- Mix together all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut the chicken thigh fillets into large chunks, then toss in a bowl with the marinade ingredients. Leave to marinade for 2 hours if possible.
- When the chicken is ready, cut the peppers into chunks and thread onto skewers with the pineapple.
- Cook under the grill or BBQ until the juices run clear and is thoroughly cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with the coriander, red onion and lime wedges.
- Vegetarian / Vegan Option: Try using firm tofu instead of the chicken. Cook until you get a little char on the tofu. Or instead of tofu, marinade vegetables in the Jerk sauce and thread onto the skewers.
- This dish is great served with smashed avocado, a salad and yoghurt, you can use coconut yoghurt for dairy free. Then wrap it all in a Shemin’s Indian Bread! Yum!