- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C / 130 Fan / 300°F / gas mark 2.
- Heat half the oil in a heavy based frying pan, add the pork belly in batches, stir-fry until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and repeat with the rest of the pork belly. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and add the Shemin’s Curry Leaves and onion. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the onions are soft. Add Shemin’s Curry Paste with a splash of water and cook gently for a further 4 minutes. Return the pork belly to the pan and mix thoroughly until the meat is well coated with the curry masala.
- Stir in the vinegar, star anise if using, Shemin’s Garam Masala, coconut milk and water.
- Transfer the curry into an ovenproof dish, cover tightly and cook for 1½ – 2 hours until the pork is tender.
- Serve with Shemin’s Indian Breads or boiled rice.
1. This would also be delicious cooked in a slow cooker on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
2. If using Goan or Massaman Curry Paste, leave out the star anise.