New! Shemin’s Mango Chutney
How to use Shemin’s Mango Chutney?
- Add into your curry, adding a tablespoon or two of our mango chutney into your curry adds a great flavour without making the curry sweet. A great trick to take your Shemin’s curries to the next level! Try it with our chicken korma recipe here.
- Use in burgers, add some va va voom to your burger recipes with a generous dollop of mango chutney. Perfect with a Shemin’s burger. See all our burger recipes here.
- Serve with cheese, as part of a cheeseboard with some spiced nuts and a selection of strong cheeses, it’s especially good with extra-mature cheddar and also with stilton. Or make a delicious dip by pulsing the cream cheese and chutney together in a food processor or blender.
- Serve with meat, chutney pairs beautifully with the rich flavors of venison and lamb, as well as duck and other richly-flavoured meats. You can also use chutney to glaze meat. Puree chutney in a food processor, dilute the resulting paste slightly with water. Use it to glaze meats and poultry for roasting.
- Grilled Cheese, heat the grill and put a thick slice of bread on a work surface. Spread with 1tbsp mango chutney, top with 2 finely sliced spring onions, then sprinkle generously with grated mature cheddar. Grill until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Spread in sandwiches, mix equal parts chutney and mayonnaise together. Spread on bread and add the main sandwich ingredient of your choice. Chutney goes especially well with ham and with cheese.