- Heat the oil in a pan and when hot add Shemin’s Black Mustard Seeds, cook until they start to pop.
- Then add the sliced onions and cook until they are soft and golden brown.
- Stir in Shemin’s Curry Paste.
- Fill the Curry Paste tub with water and add to the pan, then cook for 2 minutes while continuously stirring on a low heat.
- Add the lamb and coat thoroughly, continue to cook for 5 to 8 minutes until the lamb is still a bit pink in the middle.
- Add in Shemin’s Biryani / Pilau Spice Blend. This gives a beautiful warming flavour to the curry.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir.
- Add in the stock.
- Transfer the whole curry to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on auto or low for 7 hours or 3-4 hours on high, or cook in the oven at 150°C (fan) / 170°C / 325°F / Gas Mark 3 for 4 hours.
- Add in the potatoes halfway through cooking.
- Before serving, mix in some chopped coriander.
1. Serve with boiled rice and Shemin’s Indian Breads.
2. This recipe also works beautifully with our Goan or Massaman Curry Pastes. If are using those pastes, you should leave out the Biryani / Pilau Spice Blend.