- To create the marinade add the first 7 ingredients into a bowl and mix, then squeeze the lime into the marinade.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and stir together, leave in the fridge for at least a couple of hours or overnight if possible.
- Spread the chicken over a baking tray and place under the grill. Cook for about 10 minutes then turn and cook for another 10 minutes or until the chicken is done and lightly charred.
- Heat up your Shemin’s Chapati (see instructions on pack). You can use plain, wholemeal, methi or parathas. Place the chapati on a plate and add mayonnaise or natural yoghurt and a teaspoon of Shemin’s Aubergine Pickle. Mix and spread down the centre of the wrap.
- Add in the chicken and any salad you wish. We used rocket leaves and some jalapenos.
- To oven cook: Heat the oven to 180°C for fan assisted or 200°C for ovens without a fan (gas 6) and cook for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- To barbecue: Cook your chicken over a slow and indirect heat for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. If cooking on a BBQ grill, leave the chicken whole and cut up after cooking.
- We used boneless chicken thighs for this recipe, you can also use chicken breast.