- Turn on the oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4.
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish with a lid. Brown the pork on all sides – should take about 10 minutes. If your dish isn’t wide enough to fit the pork in a single layer, brown it in batches. Remove the pork and set aside.
- In the same dish, add the onion, carrot and fennel seeds, then cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are starting to soften and colour. Add SHEMIN’S Indian Curry Paste with a splash of water, and let the spices cook gently with the vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree, vinegar, and sugar. Tip in the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas and 500ml water, then return the pork and its juices to the dish, season and bring to a simmer.
- Put the lid on the dish and cook in the oven for 1hr 45 minutes. Check occasionally – if the sauce looks too thick, add a splash of water.
- Remove the dish from the oven and stir through the parsley. Check the seasoning, then serve with crusty bread or boiled potatoes.
Free Recipe Ebooks
Subscribe to our Newsletter and we’ll send you our delicious recipe ebooks for free!
Thank you for signing up to receive tasty recipes and handy cooking tips from us here at Shemin’s! You should receive a link to the downloads page in your inbox shortly. If it does not arrive in a few minutes, please check your junk folder.