- Heat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan / gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a large, ovenproof pan and brown the pork belly pieces on a high heat. When golden brown remove from the pan into a bowl and wipe away any excess fat from the pan.
- Heat the creamy part from the top of the coconut milk and Shemin’s Thai Red Curry Paste in the pan, and stir for a few minutes until aromatic. Add in the rest of the coconut milk and then crush the lime leaves in your hand and stir them in with the fish sauce (or soy sauce) and palm sugar. Let this simmer for a minute.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and pork belly into the pan, put the lid on the pan, and place into a hot oven for 45 minutes or until your belly pork is tender.
- Stir in lime to taste and chopped basil.
- Garnish with some basil or lime leaves and serve with jasmine or boiled rice.
- We used pork belly for this curry, but it is also great with chicken, duck or pork fillets.
- This recipe is also great with Shemin’s Thai Green Curry Paste.
- You can use less curry paste to get a less spicy curry.