- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan then add the peppers and stir-fry until wilted slightly. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil if needed, then add the onions to the pan. Fry until soft but not browned. Add Shemin’s Indian Curry Paste and cook gently for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and water, and cook gently for about 15 minutes until you have a thick sauce and the tomatoes have disintegrated. You may need to add a little extra water if the sauce gets too dry whilst it’s cooking.
- After this stage you can put the sauce in the food processor and whizz it to make it completely smooth then return it to the pan. Stir in the Garam Masala.
- Add the cooked meat, peppers and butter, and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and squeeze over some lime. Sprinkle over the fresh coriander before serving.
Free Recipe Ebooks
Subscribe to our Newsletter and we’ll send you our delicious recipe ebooks for free!
Thank you for signing up to receive tasty recipes and handy cooking tips from us here at Shemin’s! You should receive a link to the downloads page in your inbox shortly. If it does not arrive in a few minutes, please check your junk folder.