- Heat the oven to 190°C / 170 Fan / 375°F / gas mark 5.
- Add the oil to a large pan and a teaspoon of Shemin’s Black Mustard Seeds. Fry until they begin to pop, and then add the onions and fry for a few minutes until soft.
- Add Shemin’s Curry Paste with a splash of water so the mixture doesn’t get too dry and stir with the onions for 2-3 minutes. Then add the chopped tomatoes and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Whilst the mixture is cooking, put the spinach in a bowl, cover with cling film and put in the microwave until it has wilted (about 2 minutes). Drain any excess liquid from the wilted spinach.
- Ensure your potatoes are boiled and properly drained so they have no excess water. Once drained mash roughly with a fork.
- When the sauce is ready, add the boiled potatoes, wilted spinach, chopped coriander, lime juice and salt to taste. Stir together carefully to ensure your potatoes don’t mash up completely.
- Cover a baking tray (circular if you have one) with baking parchment and brush the top with oil. Unroll the pastry and place one piece on the baking parchment in a diagonal and brush the top with oil. Add the second piece of filo paper in an alternate diagonal, so it creates a cross (x), and brush the top with oil. For the final two pieces repeat, but make an alternative cross (a plus sign +) ensuring you brush the top with oil between all layers.
- Spoon half of the potato filling into the middle, and then fold up the filo paper that is overhanging, so it covers all the filling and makes a pie. Brush the top with oil and sprinkle the remaining Shemin’s Black Mustard Seeds on the top.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 to make your second pie.
- Place in the oven and cook for 35 minutes or until golden.
1. After you drain the boiled potatoes put them back on the hob for about a minute so any excess water evaporates.
2. To make one pie, simply half the recipe.