- Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C Fan/Gas 3.
- Pour the oil into a large ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat, add the onions and fry for 3 minutes. Turn up the heat, add the mince and fry until brown, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon and stirring occasionally.
- Add the curry paste and red pepper, fry for 5 minutes or until the moisture has evaporated and the mixture is quite dry. Stir in the tomato purée, mango chutney, tinned tomatoes and black pepper. Cover with a lid, bring to the boil and transfer to the oven to cook for an hour.
- Remove from the oven, stir in half the coriander and check the seasoning. Increase the oven temperature to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Take an ovenproof dish large enough to hold the pasta and mince. Spread half of the cooked mince beef mixture over the bottom of the dish and cover with half the penne pasta. Repeat once more so you have 2 layers. Place the mascarpone cheese, using small spoonfuls, evenly over the pasta and sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until golden-brown and bubbling. Set aside for 5 minutes before serving and garnish with the remaining coriander.
- This dish is lovely served with a salad.
Free Recipe Ebooks
Subscribe to our Newsletter and we’ll send you our delicious recipe ebooks for free!
Thank you for signing up to receive tasty recipes and handy cooking tips from us here at Shemin’s! You should receive a link to the downloads page in your inbox shortly. If it does not arrive in a few minutes, please check your junk folder.